Calendar of Events
GREYlong organizes and sponsors several fund-raising events a year. For information about the organizations we support, visit our Links page. Bookmark this page and check back often to see where we are and what we're doing. If you are interested in supporting or helping us out, give us a call or send an e-mail.
- 2013 GREYlong Gathering (Saturday 18 May 2013 from 12:30 PM - 4:30PM) - Click on the pix for the details. Kill Creek Beach meets the hounds.
- 2013 Gallivantasia (Saturday 21 September) Sand, sun, food, silent auctions. Click on Cayman for the details. While Cayman is no longer with us, he will always be the smiling face of the Gallivantasia.
Oktoberfest On-Line Auction (October 6 - 13 2013)
- 2014 Gallivantasia (Saturday 20 September) I couldn't resist the opportunity to plan, plan, plan :)
- Oktoberfest On-Line Auction (October 11 - 7 2012) - we had some great items donated - thank you! Close to 300 bids were placed during that week from folks in Florida to Washington and Alabama to Canada. An outrageous success - - and we will be back next year.
- GREYlong Gallivantasia (September 15, 2012) - we had a fabulous turnout! The dogs had a great time on the beach and the weather was divine! We raised over $1,400 for the cure! Many thanks to all who attended.
- "Maypolin' 4 R Mutts" Rummage Sale (May 3 - 5, 2012) - our most successful ever! We raised over $1,700. Thank you Costco for the hot dogs, Rummage Sale Goddesses for setting up, and as always the donors who came through with antiques, kitchen appliances, children furniture, and other cherished memorabilia.
- GREYlong Gallivantasia 2011 (September 17, 2011) - while we did have a short burst of rain, the dogs ruled the beach wet sand or not. We were entertained by the diva Keeva and the flying Beau pup, the sand digging dogs (Fire, Izzie, and Quin), and baby pool waders. We netted close to $1,000.
- 2011 Books for Brooke (July 1 - August, 15, 2011) We collected 2,000 books and 900 CD/videos and raised over $800 to remember the Loeser's pet therapy dog Brooke.
- "Maypolin' 4 R Mutts" Rummage Sale (May 13 - 14, 2011) Thanks to our many supporters who donated items, helped set up and work on sale days and to those who dropped by and shopped, we raised an amazing $1,375! Thanks to every one of you!
- GREYlong Gallivantasia 2010 (September 18, 2010) - Who said a dog doesn't love water? They ran, they soaked, they rolled in the sand and they had a blast. The human "uprights" enjoyed the bathing prima donnas both in the baby pool and the lake, and this year, only the "bi-peds" shared the potluck. Best of all... we raised more than $1,100!
- "Maypolin' 4 R Mutts" Charity Rummage Sale (May 14-15, 2010). We had lots of children's items, some furniture and fabulous knick-knacks. Plus, what would our rummage sale be without delicious homemade cookies and steaming hotdogs? Our master of ceremony, our "hound-for-cause," Murphy, strolled around, greeted guests and shared hugs. We raised an amazing $1,000 - many thanks to everyone for your donations and support. We couldn't have done it without you.
- Gallivantasia at Kill Creek (September 29, 2009)
It was all about those water-loving dogs! They had a blast enjoying the wide wonderful world of "dogs-neyland" on the beach. The human uprights enjoyed doggie antics, races, the near food-snatches and our own well catered potluck. More than $700 was raised!
- "Maypolin' 4 R Mutts" charity rummage sale (May 1-2,2009) We raised more than $600 from the sales of cherished Boyd Bears, Harley Davidson collectibles, vintage farm implements and kitchen appliances. It was a fantastic event and we thank everyone who helped make the sale a success!
- Gallivantasia at Kill Creek (September 2008)
It was a fun, beach-going picnic for dogs and their humans, resulting in $350 raised. See photos!
- GREYlong charity rummage sale (May 2-3, 2008)
We held a two-day charity sale, offering donated items for sale, from new college T-shirts to house wares and homemade cookies. We raised more than $700!
- Bacchus and Bow Wow - Wine Tasting with Food Pairings (October 2007) at the Atlanta Bread Company. The food was wonderful and wine delicious!
- GREYlong Gala - Monte Carlo Night (March 2007)
Monte Carlo night was a hit! With gifts to bid on, superb food and we raised nearly $5,000. Huge thank you to our corporate sponsors and all those who made a donation and/or attended the event. We sincerely appreciate your support. See photos!
Questions? E-mail us.